As coronavirus continues to have significant impact on businesses across the UK, many of which are closing, JC Metalworks thought it necessary to update our position.
First and foremost, our priority remains the health and welfare of our employees and their families. We will continue to conform with the advice being given to us by the UK government.
JC Metalworks will continue to be open, albeit at an understandably reduced capacity level. We have clients who, under instruction from the government, are critical to the urgent needs of the UK. As such we are committed to prioritising and servicing these specific projects to our exceptionally high standards. However, we will do everything possible to accommodate both new and existing projects into our production plan, and as always advising our valued customers upon any unforeseen delays as early as we possibly can.
Our commitment to employee safety, factoring in social distancing, means there are some products that we may not be able to produce. These parts will be assessed on a case by case basis, as we do have some innovative ideas to engineer these products allowing for safe manufacture.
New enquiries are still welcome, and we will be prioritising those deemed critical. Our account managers are available to talk through any projects or concerns you may have.
Actions we continue to take internally are:
- Social distancing measures are being strictly enforced on our shop floor, with some parts now on hold due to these constraints.
- Our office team is working from home wherever possible, although we do have a skeleton team on-site as essential support to operations.
- Additional cleaner employed to ensure exceptional hygiene in all communal areas.
- Company briefs are being given to small numbers of people to guarantee social distancing.
- Company shifts and break times are being staggered to eliminate group gatherings.
- All non-essential meetings with clients and suppliers have been cancelled until further notice, and any unannounced visitors will not be seen.
- PPE has been issued to employees as appropriate to their role.
Thank you again for the continued support of our employees, clients and suppliers during this exceptional time.