Apprentice Engineer Technician Job Vacancy | Loughborough
8th April 2019 | News
Monday to Friday
Hours: 08:00 – 16:00
Annual Wage: £11,400.00
Expected Duration: 36 Months
Possible Start Date: 1st of August 2019
3 Positions Available
A precision metal manufacturer, formed in 1986 by Jack Chauhan, with over 60,000 square feet of manufacturing space along with the most up to date plant, technology and equipment. We are proud of our reputation for the quality manufacture of sheet metal products for a variety of industries.
Duties Will Include:
- To complete an initial programme of training to be conducted within the Company’s Engineering, Cutting, Forming, Fabrication, Powder-Coating, Assembly and Despatch Departments during the first 18 months of the scheme, with a view to specialising in the later stages of the Apprenticeship.
- To become proficient in the application and use of a wide range of machines and tools including, but not restricted to, conventional and CNC turning and milling, grinding and drilling.
- Fitting and assembly skills including the use of hand tools and marking out.
- Welding, fabrication, finishing, polishing, grinding and other jointing processes.
- Sheet metalwork including cutting, folding etc.
- Measurement and inspection techniques using a variety of metrology equipment.
- Training in the use of Computer Aided Design (CAD) using proprietary software packages.
- Attendance at college on day release basis leading to recognised NVQ qualifications over a three year period.
- Carrying out such tasks and duties as directed by the Team Leader that are calculated to contribute to the requisite levels of performance and competence.
- To provide instruction and advice within the Department commensurate with training completed.
Requirements and Prospects
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written.
- To be IT literate with a working knowledge of all Microsoft Software.
- Be organised.
- A good team player.
- Desire to work towards a qualification.
- Demonstrable interest in an engineering discipline.
- Ability to follow instruction.
Minimum of 5 GCSEs to include Maths, English, and a science related subject. Grades A* to C/9 to 4 or equivalents.
Our apprenticeship programmes provide relevant, practical experience, first class learning and development and outstanding support. Tailor-made for ambitious individuals who are determined to make their mark.
Things to Consider:
Please ensure that you have sustainable travel options to our apprenticeship location. Please note that this training will be delivered by Loughborough College and you will be required to travel there.