Production Planner/Scheduler Job Vacancy | Loughborough
4th November 2019 | Jobs
Reports to: Operations Manager
No. of Reports: 0
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
Ensures that customer orders are fulfilled on time through the development of accurate production plans which translate sales orders into production schedules.
- Working alongside and liaising with: Operations Manager, Team Leaders, Sales, Estimating, Engineering and Project Management to ensure that the production plan is developed, reviewed and implemented to meet customer delivery deadlines.
- Conduct daily reviews of the production plan.
- Provide regular, timely, proactive feedback to management re deliveries.
- Maintaining an updated extended production plan and ensure that this is communicated to Production staff in a timely manner and proactively manage risks to on time delivery.
- Attend production planning meetings to ensure that all projects are on track to meet delivery deadlines
- Stock control and deviation reporting
- Ensuring that products are produced to the required quality standards.
- Developing and maintaining production schedules using Excel spreadsheets.
- Maintenance of accurate customer delivery dates on E2i.
- Prepare monthly on time delivery reports for senior management
- Creation and maintenance of capacity plans for both machines and labour.
- Communicating with internal and external customers on the phone, emails and face to face.
- Any other duties deemed commensurate with the grade and considered to be within the post-holders capabilities.
- Operations Manager
- Human Resources
- Team Leaders Engineers
➢ 1 – 2 years’ experience of working in a fast paced manufacturing/engineering/sheet metal environment
➢ Working knowledge of H&S legislation
➢ Experience of handling conflict situations
➢ Lean manufacturing
➢ Knowledge of quality and CI principles.
➢ Attention to detail with strong organisational skills
➢ Good standard of verbal and written English
➢ Good standard of numeracy skills
➢ Good time-management skills
➢ Strong team-working skills
➢ Excellent communication skills
➢ Able to build sound working relationships
➢ Methodical approach
➢ Good problem solving ability.
➢ Computer literate
➢ Advanced Excel skills
➢ Negotiation skills
➢ Positive attitude with ability to work in a pressurised environment
➢ Resilient and tenacious
➢ Flexible approach to work with the ability to work overtime as required
➢ Self-starter with ability to use own initiative within guidelines
➢ Courteous and respectful
➢ Able to interpret and communicate instructions, policies and procedures.
➢ Ambitious with a desire to progress
➢ Able to remain calm under pressure
➢ Minimum GCSE’s in English and Maths
➢ Fabrication/Engineering qualifications
Closing date for applications is the 8th of November 2019, with a view to holding interviews w/c 11th of November 2019.