Linisher Job Vacancy
6th February 2019 | Jobs
Linisher Job Vacancy – Metal Manufacturing
To ensure that all products are manufactured to the customer’s specifications to a high quality standard so that products are delivered to customers on time.
- Meeting personal production output targets and assisting the team to achieve the team production output targets to ensure that products are delivered to schedule.
- Ensuring that all products are manufactured to customer specification and company quality standards, informing the Team Leader of any queries, anomalies or faults with processes, materials, components, documentation as necessary.
- Working as an effective and efficient member of the team demonstrating respect and courtesy at all times
- Accurately completing all relevant documentation in a timely manner.
- Performing duties in a safe manner ensuring that all PPE and work-wear are worn and that all safety policies and procedures are followed.
- Responsible for all personal equipment, gauges and tooling ensuring that they are kept in good condition and accounted for and drawing the Team Leader’s attention to any faulty equipment so that the necessary remedial action can be taken.
- Implementing lean manufacturing techniques as instructed and in accordance with Company policies and procedures.
- Responsible for maintaining high standards of personal appearance and compliance with Company Dress Code.
- Any other duties deemed by management to be appropriate to the grade.
The Person (Essential)
- Substantial experience of working in a fast paced manufacturing environment
- Good standard of verbal and written English
- Good standard of numeracy skills
- Goof time-management skills
- Strong team working skills
- Good communication skills
- Able to make decisions with the job boundaries
- Extensive experience of linishing/fettling
- Must be able to read engineering drawings
- Positive attitude
- Flexible approach to work with the ability to work overtime as required
- Self-starter with the ability to use own initiative within guidelines
- Courteous and respectful
- Able to adhere to instructions, policies and procedures
- Physically fit as job is performed mainly standing and walking and able to lift moderate weights as and when required
- Able to cope with significant periods of visual concentration for reading drawings, instruments etc
- Able to work shifts as required
- Minimum GCSEs in English and Maths
The Person (Desirable)
- Experience of working in a sheet metal manufacturing environment
- Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing Techniques
- MIG/TIG/Spot weld experience
- Willing to multi-skill
- Current forklift counterbalance licence
What We Can Offer You
- 31 days holiday (including Bank Holidays)
- Pension scheme
- Westfield Health Scheme
- Westfield Rewards
- Free onsite parking
If you think that you have the skills and experience outlined above and more then we would like to hear from you!
No Agencies please